Peterson's Ski and Cycle
Ski Rental Contract Management
This application manages Peterson's Ski and Cycle's skiing rental equipment. Renters can complete the form online from their desktop or their mobile device. When they arrive at the store, the contract is then printed for them.
This help to reduce the significant wait times while folks are in line at the store waiting for customers in front of them to complete the forms. Customer can also complete the form on the their phones while waiting in line rather than waiting to get to the counter.
This application is a two part system
- The contract form is generally available from Petersons' site, but for demonstration purposes it can be accessed at the following link. Add Contract
- The administration portion is only accessible for the employees at Peterson's. Which is this current site. Features are listed below.
Please take it for a test drive with the username of demo and password of demo.
Each menu tab has an about section to describe the features of the particular tab
- To be displayed when the user first hits the site
- To be displayed once the user logged in
- To be displayed once the user logs off
- Displays first impression content for users
- This page could have specific content related to when someone is logged in vs NOT logged in
- Accepts username, password and contains a reset password link
- Authenticates the username and password against the database
- Once a user successfully registers, the user should be then logged in
- On successful login, the menu changes from login to logout and the username appears in the navigation bar
- Also the main navigation menu tabs are displayed
- To be displayed when a user is logged in only
- Simply logs the user off
- Only the home screen is then displayed
- Displays all active contracts in a table
- Enables printing a single or multiple contracts
- Can display past contracts for previous customers thus no need for re-entry by the customer
- Allows for editing a contract, searching for one or more contracts, prints once or more contract
- Allows for deletion of a contract
- Allows for keeping notes tied direct to a specific contract
- Allows for one click completions of a contract
- Allows for specific tasks to be created and assigned to specific users
- Allows for keeping note for a specific user
- Allows for the editing and deletion of tasks
- Allows for one click closure of a task
- Provides the ability to manage the user for the system
- Can upload a picture of the user
- User are either have an admin role or a user role
- Admin user have total control over the system
- Delete Tasks
- Delete Contracts
- Add/Edit/Delete Users
- Access to System settings menu
- Users have limited abilities
- Can only view users
- Ability to manage specific information about the system
- Can up load a company logo
- Enable to show closed contract and tasks
- Only available for admin users
- This is built with the anticipation that other potential Ski rental shops may be interested to incorporate into there process. With just a few minor adjustments it can be re-deployed for a new customer
- Future enhancements are to enable this site to be hosted at a single location and the establishment will have link to the single site rather than the need to re-deploy to another domain
- An Tasks is any action that needs to be complete.
- Each Task is listed in the table on the left - by clicking on a specific Task, its details will appear on the right.
- To add a new Task, click on the Add Task Add Task link at the top of the Task list.
- Mostly likely a User will only need to enter the task and hit enter - defaults are listed below
- A task will default to the current user but can be change to assign the task to another user
- A task will default to the current date for the open date but can be changed
- A task will default to the the Open status but can be changed
- To edit an Task, select the Task from the list on the left, click the Edit link will appear at the top of the Task Information section.
- To delete a Task, select the Task from the list on the left, click the Delete link at the top of the Task Information section.
- The Task Information section displays all of the details for the Task.
- The Task Notes section enables you to enter in notes for this Task.
- Only a User with Administrator role can delete a task.
- A User is a person that can utilize this application.
- A User can have an Administrator role or a User role.
- An Administrator will have access to all menus and features while a User will have limited access. Currently, Administrators can access the Settings menu and the Users menu.
- To add a new User, click on the Add User link at the top of the User list.
- You can upload a photo for each user. This works great from a tablet where you can take the picture at the time of entry. A default photo (or the system logo setup in the Settings Menu) will display in the event a photo was not added.
- Clicking on the Users photo will show the photo in a pop-up window for better visibility.
- To edit a User, select the User from the list on the left, click the Edit link will appear at the top of the User Information section.
- To delete a User, select the User from the list on the left, click the User link at the top of the User Information section.
- The User Information section displays all of the details for the selected User.
- The User Notes section enables you to enter in notes for the User.
- Only a User with Administrator role can access the User Menu.